Monday, September 1, 2008

my monday...

today i had to go visit the art gallery and this town called ashfield as part of an assignment for my view from australia class. i used it as an excuse to walk around and take some pictures of what i see every day! here you go...


this is in the park right by my house... it's a giant chess board! all these old men are there every single day playing... as soon as i have time i'm gonna go learn how to play chess with them :)
this is a sweet arch right at the edge of the park... it say's "thanks be unto God who gives us the victory" and i get that song in my head every time i see it. notice the tiny child pushing a stroller underneath... hehe
this is a fountain on this street/square thing called martin place downtown. apparently this fountain is in the matrix... the part with the woman in the red dress i guess? i don't know... it's cool though.
this is the hospital! look how cool it is! and behind it there's a sweet courtyard and some awesome buildings.

THE INSIDE OF THE LIBRARY!!! this picture really does not do it justice. it's HUGE... i don't think i'm supposed to take pictures though so i was trying to be sneaky and this is the only one i got.

this is the art gallery of NSW... check out the rock in the tree :)

haha... it was a good day. and on the way home from class i fed a possum with elle and tim! those pictures are on facebook... it was great.

4 comments:

mom said...

thanks for the pics, I can't help but compare Sidney to Berthoud and find them so similar--you must feel right at home---we have an arch in a park, and a library, and a chess team too!!!
Love, mom

Dana Marie said...

...I've always found that giant boulder in the trees of Berthoud is so similar to Austrailia too! your mom is nuts! (love you Beth!)

I love that you're totally taking advantage of this opportunity. you're pretty much awesome shailey!

L Watts said...

Okay kailey, I am all addicted to reading this...its been 5 days since your last blog....where are you...your killing me here...love you, aunt Laurie

Cherilee said...

Please send me your e-mail address or snail mail, which ever makes you the "happiest". I loved your blog on Mark Driscoll, I'm trying to get his notes or a cd, but what a good personal study. I love seening Sidney through your eyes, I only wish I would have looked at Berthoud the way your Mom does....
I'll give my e-mail to your Mom and ask her to send it on to you.
Love you and praying for you,
Cherilee