Tuesday, March 2, 2010

running hard

so i've been having trouble focusing... you know.
and i've been so excited about this whole running thing (o yea... i'm now going to train for a half marathon with Carly! it's in june... i'll keep you updated on my progress. should be quite the experience.)
anyways... i've been praying for motivation and for focus and for God to give me His strength to run and for clarity about my life and what i'm supposed to do.
and then today we sang this song in chapel. and i realized that this is what my prayer needs to be.

give me one pure and holy passion
give me one magnificent obsession
give me one glorious ambition for my life
to know and follow hard after You
to know and follow hard after You
to grow as Your disciple in Your truth
this world is empty, pale, and poor
compared to knowing You, my Lord
lead me on and i will run after You
lead me on and i will run after You
i think that if this is my prayer, i will see the way that God works all the other stuff out.
praise the Lord for that!

3 comments:

Larissa Clark said...

I watched you worship to this song today (yeah, I know thats kind of wierd but whatev) and I was like, "yeah, that's it". So cool so hear how that song hit home. I love you!

maren said...

:o)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.