Sunday, December 12, 2010

awe

so... today i went to the 5 day market. it's always insane there... in the best possible way. i was making my way through one of the crowded aisles when i felt a tug on my hair. i looked back to see a young korean girl (probably like 5th grade) just holding my hair and staring at it with the most amazed expression on her face. she was saying something, but obviously i couldn't understand her. it wasn't to me anyway... i'm pretty sure she was just talking to herself. her voice definitely had an interrogative intonation. i just stood there and let her marvel at my hair for a while, but then i had to go. she stayed standing there and watched me walk away. it was one of the funniest things that has happened to me here.
God bless koreans and their funny ways.

(ps: taylor and i decided today that, while some things are just cultural differences, a lot of things that koreans do/like are really just weird. that's all.)

No comments: