Tuesday, December 7, 2010

hmm...

so the korean elementary school english curriculum is absolutely terrible. there's no other way to say it. (remember... i already talked about it here) but as bad as it is, it definitely provides me endless entertainment. a lot of the other english teachers try to avoid the videos as much as possible, even cutting them out all together. but i think they're hilarious, so i make my kids watch them and laugh.
one of my favorite examples of the weirdness is a 6th grade lesson titled "would you like to come to my house?" the chapter is based around thanksgiving, and it's set up to be taught right around american thanksgiving time. i won't even get into the fact that the key phrases are weird and unrelated to each other, or that they totally failed at actually teaching about thanksgiving. both of those facts are because this is what they were fixated on:

gosh this job is funny...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

O my gosh, i swear if I had not gotten married young, your life is totally what I would have wanted. I love your posts Kailey!