Friday, November 12, 2010

wednesdays are the best days.

wednesdays are my favorite weekdays. it's the day that i only have 2 classes (with my favorite co-teacher jenny), then for the rest of the day i just get to relax (or get stuff done, of course). every wednesday i wish i had my camera, and i finally remembered it this week. so here is my wednesday...
every week jenny and i go for a walk. my school is about a block away from the ocean, so we usually walk down there.
this is a little boat... it is neat. it was a really nice day (after a string of COLD ones!).
this is a view looking inland from on top of a bridge... my school is in there somewhere. the square area with the little covered part is a pool that women will go to in the summer to bathe and wash clothes and talk to other women... it's really cold! jenny told me that her mom used to take her there all the time when she was younger, and she (her mom) still goes all the time when it's hot.
squid boats. when i first got here the ocean would be completely full of these at night, and the view from my window of the lights on the water was completely surreal.
my favorite co-teacher jenny! seriously... i can't tell you how much she has blessed me. she has no idea either. but she has helped me more than any of my other co-teachers, and she's only at the school once a week! i love our weekly walks... i look forward to them every week. she always gives me advice, and helped me when i was sick, and she always makes sure i remember my milk :) (i actually just learned that her husband runs a milk delivery company! that explains why she is so adamant about it haha) i would also like to point out her fuzzy vest. she was very proud of it... she bought it for herself as an anniversary gift from her husband.
so we were walking one day and came across this random little field. then jenny read the sign that was there and we found out that it belongs to our school! all the classes have their own little crop... this picture makes me laugh because it's the kindergarteners' crop... notice that it's just a bunch of dirt and weeds haha!
this is a little area with some wood paths over a pond. it's one of the stops on our walk :)
and jenny asked me to take another picture of her. i wish that i could express to you how precious she is. (she's the one who gave me the oven, by the way. i gave her some persimmon bread as a thank you.)

now back to school...
can you spot the waygook? there are actually 2 of us, but one is a lot more obvious.
as soon as the kids see the camera they want a picture. this one is funny because he's doing "kimchi!" everyone gives the peace sign in pictures here. it's seriously like an automatic reaction to a camera.
this is mi ri, my head co-teacher at sinchon. she's wonderful and works really hard.
here's what my desk in my office looks like! don't worry... i didn't bother to straighten it up. i like to keep things real on this bloggy blog.
here's from the other side. right behind where i stood to take this is a corner filled with books and a little table. and through the door and windows is my classroom! i didn't take a picture of it because alpha had a class in there... also i promise that i didn't realize it was pink until i took this picture. the only wall i ever noticed was the sweet wood one (on the left, behind the desk).
and this is alpha omega (talk teacher) and mj (talk co-teacher). they are fun to have around :)
and of course this would not be complete without the baby... here she is looking at me while we played with the laser pointer. if i turn it off, she comes and makes this face because she knows exactly where the light comes from. little does she know in this one that it is, in fact, right by her.
once she sees the light, it's on. notice it on her ear... she has no idea that she caught it!

and that is all.
praise the Lord for wednesdays!

2 comments:

mom said...

i love you.

Larissa Clark said...

The picture are so great! I miss you tons but I am glad things are going so well there!! Love you!