Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a running tally...

so... God is good.
here's just a little list of some of the things i'm thanking Him for today:

-persimmon bread for breakfast (seriously... yum!)-
-only 2 classes today-
-finding a topic for my middle schoolers on friday-
-my favorite co-teacher Jenny-
-delicious lunch-
-friends and family who love the Lord and recognize that blessings are from HIM-
and finally (and the biggest thing)...
-MY DAD BEING HEALED!-
here is a little snippet of the email i got from him first thing this morning:

"I returned to the nephrologist today for the oft postponed six month checkup for the status of my chronic kidney disease. His words: 'You are healed'. Confirming what I knew to be true, God has healed me! We then got to talk about some other things God has been doing; our recent trips, our families, etc. He told me there is no need and he has no intention of seeing me as a patient again. God is good!"

(in case you didn't read it or forgot, this talks about my dad's kidney issues...)

seriously... there's no other way to say it. God is so good!

i'm praying for you all today... that God will bless you immensely and He will show Himself to you in all the little (and big!) things!


here are some more that have happened since i wrote that a couple hours ago:
-getting my bank account and phone bill figured out (specifically jenny's willingness to help with this)-
-my weekly walk and good conversation-
-mi ri (my head co-teacher at sinchon) telling me the persimmon bread i gave her was delicious and then telling me how lucky she feels to have good english teachers at this school-
-being able to talk to friends from home while i'm at work-

really. i know there will be more.

all right... before i go to bed:
-an insanely pleasant bus ride home-
-yoga/pilates class with extra stretching-
-time with friends watching toy story 3 and eating snacks-
-talking to david, who i haven't talked to in a long time!-

praise God for the little things that are HUGE blessings.

1 comment:

mom said...

and I also am so thankful for Gods goodness and blessing!! He is good to all but I feel especially blessed today! I love you!!!!