Monday, February 8, 2010

justice.

so... i'm back to what got me started back up with this whole blogging thing. i'm sitting here attempting to write a paper, and i just don't feel like doing it. i would rather write about anything else besides karen lebacqz's six theories of justice right now. honestly. and it's funny... because i love the class. and i love the concept. and i love talking and thinking about justice and how we, as Christians trying to live according to Christ's example and what God desires, are supposed to show justice. but when it comes time for me to study the theories and write the paper, i just lose all interest in the subject. that is just the way it works with me i suppose... which is probably something i should work on.
but, in my strong desire to write about anything else, i will write about the class that kicked my butt tonight. see, i (with a little--a lot--of inspiration from my dear friend larissa) have finally decided to attempt what i have been talking about doing for about 3 years now. i am trying to eat healthier and just live healthier, which has actually been going pretty well so far. well, one thing i did as part of my quest was join the rec center. and tonight i went to my first class (with kellie), strength on the ball. we were most definitely the 2 youngest people in the room, which was neat. but i realized just how out of shape i am. it was not unbearable, and i was able to keep up, which was good. but i am already feeling the repurcussions, and i know that i will be feeling it tomorrow. i'm excited... it's my favorite kind of pain (not that i like any other kind of pain... i'm a big baby).
it had no cardio, which is what i need to be doing the most, but wednesday we're going to a zumba class, which i am actually super stoked on! i'll let you know how that goes...
and now i must get back to my paper... pleh.
praise the Lord for justice and the best kind of pain!

3 comments:

maren said...

Definitely let me know how the Zumba class goes... I've heard awesome things about it and I'm thinking about trying one soon. Yea for you! Love you!

Larissa Clark said...

Hey thanks for the little plug there ;).

And I am so proud of you and your new rec club membership! and the eating well! :) And like Maren, I totally will sit and wait for the Zumba update becuase i think that class sounds totally wicked awesome. I am just so proud of you! :)

Unknown said...

Haha this is awesome and I just wanted to know that I GO TO ZUMBA!!! It is hilarious and lots of fun especially because I do it with a lot of old ladies and we all shake and do hip thrust and I just laugh through the whole thing! I hope you and Kellie enjoy ;)