Sunday, January 31, 2010

mmm yes.

little backstory: (i just realized that is probably my favorite way to start a post... because i do it a lot i feel like. anyways...) my sophomore year of college, the pastor of the church i grew up in did a series on annointing. one example that he used of someone that is annointed at worship was a video of kim walker singing "how he loves". it really is a wonderful song (this was about a year before the song was everywhere, so it was the first time i had heard it), and she really is annointed. but, as anyone who has spent more than .5 seconds with her knows, my mom is a weirdo. and she saw this video right around the time that she got a laptop. and everytime i would come home (and when i wasn't there), literally for like 4 months, she would carry the laptop around with her playing that video over and over and over. if i brought friends home with me, she would make them watch it, then proceed to talk about it. she would even watch the really sweet video of john mark mcmillan (who wrote it) telling the story about it, then she would switch over to the kim walker version for the actual song. needless to say, it was out of control.
well back in november there was a worship conference that kim walker was at. it was really good, but she didn't sing "how he loves." then tonight, she was at rez! so i went with my parents and bryan, and it was also great. seriously, i can't say enough good stuff about kimmy kim. well, when "how he loves" started, my mom obviously got really excited. at the end of the night, my pastor got up and told kim about how he had showed that video a few years back, at which point my mom proceeded to turn to me and ask, very concerned, "did i ever show you that video??"
um... really mom? nope, don't seem to recall that one. what was it again? oh my.
reason number 8,496,704 that i love my mom.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh I love your mom. For some reason this made me think of her laugh. Love it.

mom said...

whatever kk--I want that video played at my funeral (not for a very long time I hope....)

love you
mom